Purpose: Prevent unauthorized access to BES Cyber System Information by specifying information protection requirements in support of protecting BES Cyber Systems against compromise that could lead to misoperation or instability in the BES.
- Document process to identify BES Cyber System Information
- Develop and maintain evidence of processes or procedures that address Information Protections
- Helps develop Information Protections processes and procedures
- Supports gap analysis of current processes
- Helps centrally manage evidence
- Improves communication flow between groups
- Allows a safeguards installation of the software only accessible by authorized personnel.
- Streamlines compliance evidence
- Links to applicable policies and procedures
- Reminders and workflows can be triggered to support this process